Recents in Beach

Self Description Test ISSB



Self Description Test

Nature and Scope:                                

Self description test also known as self story writing or self appraisal is a very Important test in the series of psychological tests. This test helps the psychologist in confirming the findings already recorded. In this test, the candidate is asked to give a pen picture, giving all the good and bad points of himself. Besides the normal  method of writing one’s own assessment of oneself, the ISSB, adopts another method of giving this test. They ask the candidate to write down description of himself …firstly, what his best friend would like to write about him and secondly what his worst enemy would write about him.

Procedure:

The self description test is generally given to the candidates as the last item in the Thematic Appreciation Test. The candidates are given 5 to 10 minutes to write down the good and bad points. Generally, two methods are employed of asking the questions.
Either the candidate is asked to write down his good and bad points or he is asked to write what his best friend would like to write about him and what his enemy would write about him, ultimately the aim of both the techniques is the same.

Aim of the Self Description Test:

Whatever the method of administering this test is adopted, the aim generally is twofold. Firstly, this test provides valuable information to the psychologist and the interviewing officer regarding the candidate. The psychologist evaluates the candidates  personality on the basis of the information obtained by this method.
Secondly, this test given a bird’s eye view of the personality of the candidate which creates an impression in the minds of the psychologist and the interviewing officer before hand without being the candidate in the first instance. Everything regarding the candidates character, achievements, attitude, ambition etc.

Aspect of Personality

The self description given by the candidate should be systematic and methodological  Otherwise, it will create considerable difficulty to the psychologist in assessing the personality of the candidate. It is, advisable that the candidate should give each aspect of his personality under a separate heading.

1.     Physical Aspect.

Under this heading, the candidate should give his physical structure, health, interest in games etc. and his other outdoor activities, if any.

2.     Social Contacts.

Under this heading, the candidate should mention his social relations with friends, relatives and teachers and his attitude towards humanity in general.

3.     Educational Background.

Under this heading, the candidate should mention his education qualifications, positions, scholarships or some other such achievements in the field of education.

4.     Parentage and Economic Status.

Under this heading, the candidate should give his family background and should mention economic status of his family.

5.     Moral and Religion.

Under this heading, the candidate should mention his belief and practice in his religion. He should make a mention of his moral.

6.     Interests in Cultural and Co-curricular Activities.

Under this heading, the candidate should clearly mention his indoor and outdoor activities in his leisure hours. He should make it clear as to how he spends his leisure hours and what benefit he achieves out of it.

Who are Your Best Judges.

There is no doubt in the fact candidate himself is the best judge of his personality. But besides the candidate himself, his relatives, his friends, his teachers can also express their opinion about the candidate.
1.     Your Personal opinion about yourself?
2.     What your parents and other relatives think about you?
3.     What your teachers think about you?
4.     What your friends think about you?
5.     What your enemies think about you?
6.     What your friends think about you?

Test Question Sample   (Time for this 5 Minutes)

Q.1 Write your biography in third person.
Q.2 Describe your saddest moments in life.
Q.3 Describe your happiest  moment in life.
Q.4 Write your biography from a person:
(a) Who hates you
(b) Who loves you.

WHAT I THINK OF MYSELF

Physical Aspect:

I have a good physical with tall height and medium built. I have wheatish complexion. I enjoy good health. As far as I remember, I have never fell ill. I go out for a walk daily in the early morning and enjoy a cold bath in the morning. I am fond of cricket thought I have not been able to make in life in that game.

Social Aspect:

I have a very few friends but they all are all dependable and l like them. They have also complete confidence in me. We go together for movies and picnics. They are my companions in games and group activities like swimming, hiking, etc.

Parentage and Economic Status:

My father is an Educational and I come out of a middle class family. I get all the necessaries of life. I have no servant. I take pride in washing and pressing my clothes and shining my shoes. I have a great desire to rise high in my life.

Educational Background:

I passed Higher Secondary School Examination from Govt. High School No.1 in this First division and Intermediate from Murry College, in high second division. I have been an average student in studies but excel in games and sports.

Moral and Religious Trend:

I am Muslim and I join all the five prayers. I am not a fanatic and have respect for other religions. I believe in doing good deeds rather than  in serminisation. I love all human being and try to be useful to others, if possible.

Interest in Cultural and Co-Curricular Activities:

Whenever there is a cultural programme, I normally attend it. I my school and college days, I used to take part in dramatic clubs. I like composing poetry.

Hobbies:

I am fond of photography, gardening, sightseeing and hiking. I possess a very good photographic camera and I like to take pictures of new places, I visit. We have  a small parden in our home and  I maintained it during my leisure hours.

What my Parents think of Me:

My parents like me immensely and I love them. I must admit that my mother loves me more than my father. I live within the means of my family. My parents have never got any complaint against me, therefore, they have great praise for me. I try to live up to the expectations of my parents.

What my Teachers think of Me:

My Teachers have great praise for me. I respect them and I am sincere to them. My teachers like me because of my hard work, punctuality, sincerity and obedience to them. I have always given best co-operation to my teachers in the activities of the school/college.

What my Friends think of me:

I have a very few friends with whom I developed friendship during my school and college life. They all like me and I like them. We have full faith in one another. Whenever they need my help, they come to me and I help them openly because I believe in the maxim “a friend in need is a friend indeed”. Similarly, they are also sincere to me and are prepared for any sacrifice for me.

What my Enemies think to me:

As for as I know I have made no enemies. These are few students are in my school and college life who were irregular and hated by the teachers. They do not like me because my teachers like me. Similarly, a couple of my class fellows used to ill treat some weaker students to whom  I used to support and then I used to give them a thrashing and since then they avoid me.

What I want to Join Army/Navy/Air Force:

From the early life, I like adventurous life. Then I learnt that the Army/Navy/Air Force affords excellent opportunities to lead thrilling and adventurous life. One will also have a fine prospect to visit new places, to make friends and to play a variety of games. Lastly, in the present context, when our country has to protect its border against the Indian aggression, It is my duty to join the Army/Navy/Air Force and render active service to my motherland.   

Post a Comment

0 Comments